Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Monday, July 30, 2007
It's hard to write when I'm not at work. Times are kinda boring right now. Just work and sleeping as much as possible. I'm thinking about how to start going about buying a house. I kinda figure learning how to save more than a month's expenses might be a good place to start. I'll work on that.
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
I think it's important to set goals for one's self, even if it's only so you can look back at the things you never got around to doing and properly chastise yourself for it. So here's what I want to get done by then end of August...
1) drink more water
2) cut out sodas completely
3) sell off most of my CDs/DVDs (after ripping them to my computer)
4) pay off one of my credit cards (perhaps using the CD/DVD money)
I think that's a nice, modest bit of self-improvement.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
I was about 10 feet out of my driveway this morning when I knew something wasn't right. It was a familiar type of something's not right. I pulled back in and sure enough there was a huge nail sticking out of my now flat tire. A few bloody knuckles and some help from the Russian accented meter-reader guy and I had the tire changed. It only took, uh, 45 minutes. I used to be an expert tire-changer but I guess not anymore. Bleh. At least I only need to get it patched and not get a new tire.
Friday, July 06, 2007
When we were in LA we were asked to DJ a country night at Little Joy, a bar in Echo Park. Since none of us had more than the couple of records we had bought on the trip, Will, Dan and I played music off our iPods. Here's my playlist.
1. Train Leaves Here Tomorrow - Dillard & Clark
2. Is Anybody Going To San Antone - Charley Pride
3. Don't Let the Sunshine Fool You - Townes Van Zandt
4. My Old Kentucky Home - Catherine Anne Irwin
5. Who's Gonna Mow Your Grass - Buck Owens
6. Get Your Biscuits in the Oven and Your Buns in the Bed - Kinky Friedman
7. She Got the Goldmine (I Got the Shaft) - Jerry Reed
8. (You Never Can Tell) C'est la Vie - Emmylou Harris
9. Mama Tried - Merle Haggard
10. Drug Store Truck Driving Man - The Byrds
11. The Junkie and The Juicehead - Kris Kristofferson
12. Sent You Up - Knife in the Water
13. Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You - Bob Dylan
14. Tears of Rage - Gene Clark
15. Shake It - Rick Danko
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Sunday, July 01, 2007
It's good to be home. I'm sitting at Rio Rita playing around in the intertubes and drinking mexican coke.