wisdom teeth says...

Monday, August 12, 2002

Arrrg. Mondays can kill a guy.

So as I said, its monday morning. In Austin. In a rather large, poorly built building at the intersection of Ben White and I-35. In room, at a desk, in a row of other desks with computers on them.

I went to Temple thursday night and stayed until friday evening at the folks' house. My sister and her kids were there and it was a nice visit. I like them kids. They wear me out.

Friday night I made it out to Emo's for Hot Snakes and Those Peabodys. Peabodys played several new songs I hadn't heard yet. Hot Snakes were great. Rick Fork has put on some weight since '94 but then again, so have I. Speedo looked rather trim, though. I only made it through 5-6 songs before I bailed for the courtyard. It was so damn hot and humid and I had been drinking for awhile. Post-show we went to some party. Yawn.

I didn't wake up til 2:30pm on saturday. I guess lack of sleep at my parents plus the heat and the drink caught up to me. That's good, though, cause I felt thoroughly rested when I woke (if a bit woozy.) For my grand event of the day - I bought a pillow at target. Joe got one, too.

Saturday night I picked up Michael and went to Courtney's b-day party. It was a swell gathering. I, however, was not in a party mood. I stayed until the candles had been blown out then quietly slipped away. I joined Joe at home and we watched Lord of the Rings on DVD while he drank white russians.

Hmmm. Sunday was as uneventful as a day can be. I went to 1/2 price books, looked around for an hour and a half, bought nothing, then went home. The evening was filled with soft set practice. We went over some songs we hadn't played in a while and worked on some new stuff. We spent a good hour trying to work up a cover of "She Said, She Said" off of Revolver. Its getting there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home