wisdom teeth says...

Monday, August 05, 2002

I am in the unfortunate position of not having shite to say. I was in a pretty pissy mood all weekend but, you know, sometimes you need a good pissy mood. I stayed in friday night and read/ watched tv. I just didn't feel like going out.

Saturday Joe and I went to see Signs. I liked it pretty well. Joe didn't like it so much. It was kinda hokey but I dug it. That night Hope and I went to Beerland. We got there early and sat through four bands by which time I was feeling not quite drunk enough and my head was pounding from so much rock so I sadly bailed out on We Talked About Murder. My apologies.

Sunday was a non-starter. I hit half-price books and waterloo to blow some Hamiltons (Alexander Hamilton never gets any credit - just the lousy $10 bill - is that any way to treat the father of federalism?). I got some Philip K. Dick and Harlan Ellison books and the new Flaming Lips and almost new Mercury Rev. I didn't have band practice but couldn't seem to drag my ass off the couch for bowling.

things to do today....
1) mail the rent check
2) pay bills at HEB (I guess we should, you know, so they don't cut the power again)
3) get some cinder blocks or something to make shelves
4) review said flaming lips record, or perhaps just listen to it a few more time to let it sink in
5) decide if I don't like the Bush administration because its A) too conversative or B) not conservative enough

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home