wisdom teeth says...

Tuesday, August 06, 2002

I'm very envious of Ben right now. He's on tour at the moment as head merch guy for the "Unlimited Sunshine Tour" which includes The Flaming Lips, De La Soul, Cake and Modest Mouse. While I'm not too big on the latter two bands, I'd kill to be traveling with the first two. Envy can be a good thing, though. Its a very powerful motivator. When you look at why you're not doing something you'd like to be or involved with something you'd like to be, the bottom line always comes back to YOU (meaning me) not doing what needs to be done to get somewhere. I'm not saying I want to be a traveling merch guy (though I had fun doing so on a tour with Those Peabodys), but I would rather not be sitting around on my arse writing about how someone else is doing stuff. I'm pretty ok with six of the seven deadly sins (meaning either they don't apply to me much or it doesn't bother me when I do it) but SLOTH will be the death of me or at least the death of my ambitions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home