wisdom teeth says...

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I had an accidental four day weekend. It was meant to be a standard govt three day weekend but since thursday night was a bit rough, friday was included.

Friday night I went geo-caching for the first time. My friend Kim took me. To explain it simply, you take a mobile hand held GPS and search for "caches" that people have hidden. You go to the website, enter your zip code and it gives you the gps coordinates of where a cache is hidden. The caches we were looking for were a tupperware container with coins and another with pins/buttons. The idea is that you take something and leave something and sign the logbook to say that you found the cache.

So Friday night, Kim and I were wondering around parks in North Austin at midnight with a couple of big, cop flashlights and a gps. The gps only gets you within 20-40 feet and then you have to search (sometimes they give you clues) for the caches which means turning over rocks and looking in trees and under bushes. Sadly, we didn't find either of the caches we were looking for but the search was fun. A bit of reward wouldn't have been too bad, either, though.

Also, Austin Assassination started yesterday. I'd say more but then I'd have to kill you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home