wisdom teeth says...

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

"I once had a dream so I packed and split for the city. I soon found out that my lonely life wasn't so pretty." - That's Not Me

Brian Wilson & Tony Asher may very well be the best songwriting team in history. I know everyone's all about Smile these days but, goddamn, Pet Sounds really is perfection. The combination of those melodies and music with those lyrics just kill me every time.

I had no luck at the bookstore during lunch. I'll just have to dive into that pile of abandoned books on my nightstand. I'm also considering rereading all my Neal Stephenson books (especially Cryptonomicon.)

I need distraction (hence the books and basketball.) I've found myself getting all worked up and upset or whatever in situations where I have no real reason or justification. Just fucked up frustration, I guess. I suppose it's classic passive/aggressive shit - I don't do anything (or not enough) and then get pissed/upset/jealous/frustrated when things don't go my way. It just gets old.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can distract you with giggly yet sardonic banter if you buy me drinksss.

chewy

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home