wisdom teeth says...

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Good god, peoples! I drank so much on wed for my bday night out that I didn't get outta bed until 6pm on thursday! And when I did my hands went numb. I thought I was having a stroke. Thanks everyone who came out. It was tons o' fun and I managed to almost completely forget large parts of the evening. Stayed in last night (fri) for some much needed down time.

OK, so I went to All Tomorrow's Parties in Long Beach, Cali last week. I was tagging along with Those Peabodys as "crew" for the trip. We started out on wed and drove to El Paso for the first show. Andra! was in town visiting so we hooked up with her at the show. It was nice to see a friendly face the first night out of town. The show was ok or whatever and then we ended up staying at Mike and Vanessa's place from whose back porch you can look out over the border into Juarez. That town is huge. We were going to try to head over for a bit but never got a chance due to time constraints. They were super cool and nice and had a puppy pitbull which still scared me a bit. We ate at a place called Lucy's which had great tex-mex breakfast food. Yummy.

Drove to Phoenix. Got super drunk in the van at the show with Andy and Tony who were caravanning to LA with us. They were back on the east coast on some family business and stopped by Austin and then went with us back to their home in LA (where stayed for a couple of nights). Parts I remember from this night - 1) Andy telling the story of how he shit himself in Mexico due to a mean case of Montezuma's Revenge and the lack of proximity of a bathroom 2) Andy convincing his cousin (who we were to crash with) to break a pool cue over his back at the freaky sports bar called Mardi Gras where we went after the show 3) The little speed freak guy who was dancing like a maniac at said bar - I thought he looked like a mini-Buck Dharma from BOC.

Woke up and puked out of the passenger window of the van on the way to and in the parking lot of a gas station. Long drive to LA (or so it seemed). Got to LA. Show was at Mr T's Bowl in the Highland Park neighborhood right near Tony's house. Show was good. Beer was expen$ive. Smuggled beer in our jackets into the bar. Peabodys rocked then Andy and Tony's group, 8-Bit, played. They all dress in silver fire suits to look like robots. They rap over pre-recorded hip-hop beats made from old nintendo sounds. Foul-mouthed robots rule. Party at the house afterwards til morning. Blurry. Mike Rod ran out of moisterizer. Tradgedy ensues.

Next day started ATP. More later. FYI this was written quickly and I'm sure only partly makes sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home