wisdom teeth says...

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Went to see The Hulk last night. It was both the most childish and weirdly adult comic book movie yet. I just can't decide what I think about it. I enjoyed it as I've enjoyed all of these movies. These are things coming to life on screen that I've dreamed of since I was a kid. It wasn't bad movie like, say, Daredevil was but neither did it really kick my ass as X-Men 2 did. I was never a huge Hulk fan. I read the comic but I didn't love it as I did X-Men, Spider-Man or Daredevil.

At least Ang Lee did an interesting job directing. He made what could've been a by the book film into a good movie with great casting and a cool look. But you could tell that he just didn't "get" it, though, the way that Bryan Singer and Sam Raimi did/do. Something undefinable was missing. Maybe just call it "heart" or "soul." What I'd really like to see is Buffy creator Joss Whedon take a crack at a super hero movie. Speaking interesting notes on super-hero movies - Michael Chabon (author of Wonder Boys and the Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay) wrote the original story that is being shot for Spider Man 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home