wisdom teeth says...

Wednesday, April 30, 2003

Per my usual slow-going custom, I am currently reading two books. The first (and much longer of the two) is Modern Times: The World from the Twenties to the Nineties by Paul Johnson. I am on page 306 of 784. It is my "work book" which generally only gets read on breaks and at lunch during the work week. I've been working on it for a good month.

The second is The Future of Freedom: Illiberal Democracy at Home and Abroad by Fareed Zakaria. It's my "home book" and is a much shorter book that's being read much faster. This book is getting a lot of major media play because of the whole post-war Iraq angle that its very relevent to. Its main thrust is that, quite often, people confuse democracy and liberty (for example, Hitler was a freely elected leader). I know that was a clumsy explanation but if its sounds interesting you should read the book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home