wisdom teeth says...

Friday, July 12, 2002

Its friday at last. Ahhhh. I went to play kickball last night at pease park. Goddamn am I sore today. We lost 21-11 but at least I made a dramatic slide into second (for the record I was out but at least I have a modest battle scar on my arm to prove my manliness.) Fun was had all around, though, and I met some nice folks. Apparently a nice split between people from waterloo recs and some video game programmers. If I have the energy it may become a weekly thing for me (as bowling is an off and on affair depending on band practice.)

On to the weekend. I was going to go to Denton to tonight to visit and see the Shins play but that drive just seemed too long. I need to get up there and buy Kevin's 8track but I guess it'll have to wait. Otherwise, there no plans for the weekend besides seeing Road to Perdition on saturday and soft set practice on sunday (that means no bowling).

I'm sure I'll find some way to waste a couple of days. Perhaps some reading. Right now I splitting my time between a Samuel Delany book and a Stanislaw Lem book. Lem is a recent discovery. He's a polish sci-fi writer. His "big" book is Solaris upon which the 1971 Tarkovsky movie was based and which Steven Soderberg is currently remaking. I haven't read that yet ('cause I haven't found it at the book stores I've look for it at) but I'm working on a short story collection and Solaris if definitly on the horizon (provided I can find a copy.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home