wisdom teeth says...

Monday, July 08, 2002

It occurs to me that I mentioned my giving Ben a Wisdom Teeth cd to take on tour with him but haven't mentioned the cd before. The Wisdom Teeth is my new "band" that I finally have gotten around to working on.

This past winter I got down to the business of writing a bunch of songs for an upcoming and unidentified "project." My old band (the olive group) had pretty much broken up or was at least in its death throes and I was trying like hell to figure out what I was going to do. I decided to bypass the whole band bullshit and just start writing and recording and worry about performing at some later date. Well, after writing all winter and spring I felt confident enough (and actually had enough money) to go record some songs. I chose to go to my friend Matt's studio, The Echo Lab, up in Denton. Besides there being a great studio there, my boy Kevin, who had agreed to drum for me on the record, lives up there.

So I went up for the weekend during June and churned out five songs. Kevin drummed and sulked (in the inimitable kevin way.) Surprise multi-instrumentalist Howard killed me with great near-improvised parts on melodica, mandolin and lap steel guitar. Matt engineered and regaled us with stories of being The New Year's sound guy at the recent All Tomorrow's Parties festival in England (I was suitable impressed.) Anyhow, the record turned out a-ok and now I'm waiting til I have some fresh benjamins in my pocket so I can have 50 or so copies made to unleash on every record label I ever thought would be fun to work with. Any questions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home