wisdom teeth says...

Monday, July 08, 2002

Good lord, I feel like I'm clawing my way through cotton to be awake this morning. Maybe I should start drinking coffee cause dr pepper just isn't doing it today.

I went to emo's on saturday and saw swearing at motorists. They kick my ass every time I see them (him.) Adding to my amazement was the fact the main swearing guy Dave showed up in town on thursday to start his tour solo style, met some guy at a fourth of july party and he was drumming with him by friday for the houston and austin shows. It was great and the fill-in drummer rocked. Too bad he won't be on the rest of the tour. The best part was that it brought me out of the pissy mood I was in all weekend for the 45 mintues they played. Isn't that what great rock and roll is supposed to do? Make you forget everything except a great song with a good beat?

I gave Ben from Post-Parlo Recs/ Western Keys a couple of copies of the Wisdom Teeth record to take on tour with 'em (he's out for few weeks playing solo with swearing at motorists and okkervil river.) He said he'd drop one with the Secretly Canadian / Jajagwar Records guys in Indiana when they stop there. Within a few weeks my unabashed assault on every label I can think of will begin. Better to start with friend handing one off in person.

On sunday I went to the folk's house in Temple to get some of my junk out of their garage which has been sitting there since my house burned down last september. I mostly got boxes of books. Sometimes I swear I'll be cleaning soot off of stuff for the rest of my life. Now I just need to get some book shelves. Piles on the floor and on my dresser just ain't cutting it anymore. Many of these books were ones I bought in college that have been boxed up for a few years. I really was a pretenscious reader back in the day. Way too much Camus and Hesse and Miller. Blah (except for Hesse.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home