wisdom teeth says...

Saturday, July 06, 2002

Ah-ha. So it does work! So its a lazy hung over saturday. Just got back from scouring a couple of used bookstores. The only thing I got was some old paperbacks by the british writer Michael Moorcock . Moorcock kicks ass cause he used to perform and write songs with Hawkwind at the high of his career in the 70's. Plus he now lives somewhere near Austin.

I went out to a party last night. When I first moved to Austin I was amazed that parties like this existed. I felt like I was in some movie - you know bands and dj's and people with dyed black hair and tight black pants. I don't make it out to those kinds of things as much as I used to. Of course I was 23 then and I'm 27 now. After the initial fascination wore off I realized I always found myself standing in a corner talking to the same people I'd be hanging out with anyway. So now I ration my party going and have a much better time for it. I see people I haven't seen in months, drink free beer, make fun of peoples' fashions (being the height of style myself, you know.) Last night was good. It ended with a drunken 5 person dance party to Sheila E's "glamorous life."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home