wisdom teeth says...

Wednesday, July 03, 2002

I did my first ever bit of html stuff this evening in order to get those links on the right side of the page working. I'm damn proud of myself if I might say so. By way of explanation (of the links...)

The Economist is an excellent magazine that I've just recently become addicted to. It covers, well, economics and politics and how they intertwine. I quite enjoy it. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of partisan slant on it either which makes me happy. The online version restricts a bunch of the articles but still has great content.

Andrew Sullivan is a gay,catholic political writer. Despite my being neither gay nor catholic, he's fast becoming one of my fave opinion writers. This site has his blog and links to articles and columns he's written.

Phillip K. Dick is the fantastic science fiction writer upon whose books the movies Minority Report, Total Recall and Blade Runner have been based. He did alot of drugs in the 60's then had a breakdown in the 70's the died in the 80's. His writing consistantly blows my mind and entertains me. This site has articles, a bibliography, interviews and tons of info.

Samuel R. Delany is likewise a great science fiction writer. He's probably my favorite author right now. Read his books. Now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home