wisdom teeth says...

Monday, July 22, 2002

Coming home from bowling last night (107, 122 piss-poor, I know, but I had 4 weeks off) I heard "Behind Blue Eyes" on the radio. They were doing one of those great, sunday night, In The Studio with... shows. It happened to be The Who talking about the making of Who's Next. I can't believe Entwistle has been dead for, like, a month. That's just wrong.

Now to back up a bit...

Saturday night was pretty wild. Somehow I ended up at the Crown and Anchor again. This time with roomies Hope and Joe. We met up with Hope's sister, Jen the Naughty Secretary, and her boy-toy Chris for drinks. So we drank. A good bit, actually.

After last call we headed home only to decide to find a party (it was saturday night, there had to be one somewhere.) We called Michael (cause he often has the low-down on such things) and he swung by and picked our slighty pickled asses up. Upon arriving at said party, I was greeted by some friends I see way to seldom. Mainly Erik whom I used to see several times a week (if not daily) whom I now see once a month if lucky.

Beside the couple of folks I hadn't seen in a while, the party was pretty much a bust. Way too many college kids in tight black pants with sloppy black hair. Do they realize how goofy they look? Its like a fashion parade from four years ago. Oh well, whatever. Sometimes if you wanna go out in Austin you have to make a choice. Anarcho-hippies or mod art-fags. Its a tough choice that no one should be forced to make.

The guy who's house we were at does great stained glass art and glass blowing. Fucking genius stuff. I didn't get a chance to tell him I thought so. Plus he has a hot tub.

We finally left way too late. Joe got tired of waiting around while everyone was bullshitting and walked home. I passed out on the couch listening to Chisel.

Sunday I woke up late and close to dead. I was supposed to meet the soft set guys at the recording space at 11:30am. I got there around 1:45pm. I didn't have much to do that day so I wasn't sweating it. I had some backing vocals to do and a revolver-style guitar solo to play. I love being in a band where solos are allowed after all these years. After a couple of hours pretending to be involved with what everyone else was doing I bailed. Recording can be exceedingly tedious when you're not the person being recorded.

That brings us back to bowling on sunday night. Those present and accounted for were Erin, Courtney and Michael. It was a blog-centric bolwing night. I hadn't been in a while since sunday nights are regular band practice nights with the soft set but since we/they were recording I had the evening free. I had about zero energy to get the ball down the lane and it showed. Erin cleaned up on both games as usual.

On the way home, The Who was playing on the radio.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home