wisdom teeth says...

Monday, July 31, 2006

It was a crazy busy weekend. We played a show Friday night at Emo's which went really well. We still can't quite fill the place all the way on our own but we're getting close. Maybe if we implement my long discarded plan of not playing in town so damn much.

Saturday was a nice brunch/lunch at Michael and Corrine's. It was very relaxing and yummy and ended with everyone telling some of the grossest stories I've heard in a while. That night Choo and I went to see Caroline play out in Manor at a place called the Oaks which is an old BBQ place turned into a music venue. The bands were all good as were the two burlesque dancers (very classy-like) but Caroline killed. I think I saw tears in Choo's eyes at one point. Awwww...

Sunday was boat party time for Tina and Cory birthdays. It was totally relaxing after the part where I wasn't paying attention while driving and got us on the wrong highway and made us have to race out there. That part was no fun. But after that we swam a bit, drank a bit, and ummm that's about it.

The busy weekend only leads into an even busier week. We leave for tour next Monday so we have to get in at least one practice but we're also playing the Whisky Bar on Thursday (free! $1 drinks til 12!) and Assim's party on Friday night. But the real fun is that I'm going on LA on Friday for the day. Trail of Dead are playing the X-Games (!?) during the afternoon and so I'm gonna fly out on a red eye early Friday morning (after having played the night before), tech for their show, catch a plane back then try to bust it over to Assim's to play the party. I normally would've just said I couldn't do it but I think they were kind of stuck and, besides, I'm afraid if I say I can't make it too many times I'll just stop getting calls (and I actually enjoy doing this stuff). Oh yeah, and I have to work my regular job too!

addendum: I ain't making it back friday night. party is off - or rather it is on but we're not playing it. me=jerkface who ain't gonna be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home