wisdom teeth says...

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Having the fourth off really messed up my internal work-week calendar. I can't tell if it's tuesday or friday. It turns out it's thursday. Who knew?

I went to a cookout at Chris and Jennifer's for the holiday. I had a good time but it was all babies and married people, and as much as I like those things, I was feeling a bit out of place. I watched some of the fireworks over town lake as I drove home in the rain.

This past weekend is kinda blurry. On saturday I went out early to see Miss Alex White and the Red Menace (w/the Strange Boys) at Beerland. Both bands were totally awe-some. Later was Cody's surprise birthday party which, of course, ended with a poker tournament. For the first time in a while I played really well and ended up winning $105. Sweet. Later, just after I got home 2am-ish, Andra came home with Alex+band as they were staying with us for the night. Andra had put on a second show for them later that night but it was totally busted up by the TABC. I was all tired and woozy but stayed up chatting with some really drunk guys from Detroit/Chicago. They next morning we all went for breakfast tacos before they drove home.

ps. Brothers and Sisters are playing tomorrow night (friday) at the Hole in the Wall. It is free.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Perkins said...

you wuss there were 2 babies there (for less than 2 hours) and the parents and Chris and I were the only married couples. Everyone else just lives in sin.

12:42 PM  
Blogger dm said...

married-ish people.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home