wisdom teeth says...

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I got up early and went to the doctor in the pouring rain (seriously, what's up with the apocalyptic deluge?). I've had a nasty cough/sore throat/fever for a couple of weeks now, but I feel I'm through the worst of it and am getting better. Looking back at my medical history with my doctor, we realized that this is the fourth year in a row that I've come in to see him in feb/march with the exact same symptoms. Weird, huh? I'm beginning to think that it may actually be my workplace. I had all sorts of other theories but that is the one I decided on. An old moldy building filled with old moldy people makes me sick. He gave me some pills and some things I spray up my nose and an asthma inhaler-type thing. Apparently, I was wheezing when I breathed. Fun times are ahead. (I also got another ambien scrip. score!)

We had a rather trying band practice last night. We were attempting to fine tune some songs and work on new ones but everyone was feeling edgy. I sure wasn't into it. There's this one new song that we've been trying to work out for a few months and every time it's brought up it brings everything down. Things just stop. I think because I don't like the song, my attention and enthusiasm just die when we play it.

Everything else is going well with the band though. We're taking April off to work on new songs and travel a bit then we have a full May and a couple of shows in June set up. The plan now is to go on a three week tour starting in late July. We're waiting to hear back if we have a booking agent or now. I hope so because I sure as hell don't ever want to book a tour again.

~~~~~~~~~~~upcoming shows~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fri March 31 @ the Parish - Brothers and Sisters w/ the Glass Family, Quien es Boom! (cd release show)
Sat April 29 @ Emo's - Brothers and Sisters w/ Gris Gris, Brian Glaze

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm sure your getting sick has nothing to do with south by southwest.

4:27 PM  
Blogger dm said...

It can actually be pinpointed to lowe's bacherlor party and eric's cuban cigars. sxsw didn't help but I actually took it pretty easy this year.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, fine. hey psst, find me a job!

xochew

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those cigars made me sick too. More like just a sore throat, though.

You guys should just ditch that song if it's causing tension. Easier said than done when you're not the one that wrote it, I suppose.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home