wisdom teeth says...

Monday, March 06, 2006

It was a nice, busy weekend. Friday night I was totally itching to go out but apparently nothing was going on. I was dead tired from working all week but also completely restless. I ended up running into Andrea and Isaac at the Sidebar. Andrea almost puked up her irish carbomb. It was that kind of night. They bugged out early (12ish) so I went to emo's to see John Farmer's band, What Made Milwaukee Famous (good band, ponderous name). There I ran into my friend Lauren and one of her old high school pals. We watched the band and made fun of Farmer's little bass player dance that he does. Went for last call over at a craphole that will remain unnamed.

Saturday I was woken by a phone call from Amy asking me to a wedding that afternoon. I love weddings - free food, drink, happy dancing people. I didn't know anyone there except for Amy and she didn't know anyone except me and the groom but it was nice anyway. It was at an old ranch on Lake Austin. We ended up at a table full of name dropping Californians who were nice enough, I suppose, if you could resist the urge to stab them in the eyes with forks. The guy next to me talked about how he was friends with the director of Bend It Like Beckham which didn't particularly impress me (Keira Knightly connection not withstanding). The only name dropped that impressed me was that he was good buddies with Maura Tierney's husband. That's a name that will impress me. After lunch/dinner/food whatever, Amy and I strolled/hiked down to the lake/river. Nice afternoon (of course, I didn't stroll/hike in heels). I was so beat and tired after the wedding (and margaritas afterwards) that I came home and passed out pretty early.

Sunday was band arts -n- crafts day. We painted a huge banner to hang over waterloo records during our instore. I felt like we should hold it up for the football team to run through. Also we made lots of buttons and glued cd covers and watched the academy awards. Three 6 Mafia are now Academy Award Winnings Artists. How cool/weird is that? Also, all those movies sucked. I don't need to see them to know this. Also, Michelle Williams should have won best supporting actress. I didn't see the gay cowboy movie but she was on Dawson's Creek (she was really great in the Baxter, too!). Rachel Weisz, the winner, while being a totally attractive woman, was terrible in the Constant Gardner. For the whole movie she seemed to be doing a cut-rate imitation of Kate Winslet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home