wisdom teeth says...

Monday, April 25, 2005

After feeling so good lately I had to go and do stupid things that make me sick. Now I have a major sore throat and a bit of a fever. Damn. I need to get a big tattoo on my arm that says something like, "learn from your mistakes, dumbass." Yeah, I think would be about right.

It was a good weekend until I wore myself down with said stupidness. After pork chop night on thursday I called in to work friday more to play hooky than anything else. We were gonna go see Kung-Fu Hustle but that fell through. That night was good, though. Sidebar for the ultimate run on Word Dojo w/Choo. Beerland for Kodiaks, Schooley and Crack Pipes. Party for Karen's birthday which ended with three legged races down the middle of the street at 3:30am. Also, out of a bowl at the party I got a free sample of peaches 'n' cream lube. Whoo-hoo.

Saturday was me trying not to get sick all day and then finally giving in. Went to Antone's Records for the Crack Pipes record listening party where Schooley was playing again and also Aaron had made some brisket. Damn that's good bbq. After that over to sound on sound for a day show where they were shuttling people back and forth to the polls to vote for city council and for/against the smoking ban. I was the first shuttle load. We took off in the back of a pick up only to find that all polls were closed on saturday. Some kind of holiday or something. Someone said sat was passover. How the hell would I know? It was a classic scene, though. Tried to go out that night but only made it for an hour or so before I packed it in and came home to watch Wonderfalls on dvd (go rent it now!).

Sunday I was feeling a bit better but still blech. Jennifer and Chris had a cookout. It was very nice except for the madness of eighteen dogs running around. I give it five years before that whole crowd has a cookout and it's three year old kids instead of dogs. I made chorizo stuffed mushrooms again. Yum. I was supposed to go see roller derby that night but just wasn't feeling up to it. I'm a shitty, can't-count-on-you-to-see-me-skate kinda guy. That should change.

Later= insomnia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home