wisdom teeth says...

Friday, March 11, 2005

You know that feeling you get when you know you're about to get really damn sick? I had that all day yesterday. All achey and snotty and sore. The movie was great last night but by the time we got to the whisky bar all the meds I'd taken to stave off feeling like shit had worn off. I felt like my eyes were on fire, I was dizzy and all my joints freaking ached like hell. I stayed as long as I could stand, caught the first couple of songs by the sword then got the hell outta there.

At home I doped myself up with benedryl and advil and hit the bed expecting a night of shakes like I was getting clean in some bad movie. Thankfully, the benedryl worked and knocked me out. I still woke up several times feeling all dreamy and weird but mostly it was ok.

I'm always amazed by how much better I feel in the morning no matter how sick I might be. I'm at work and vaguely coherent. I'm going to do my best to take it easy this weekend and be in primo shape for sxsw next week (hello, free shows!).

Speaking of sxsw, those assholes revoked chunklet magazine's press pass. The official reason is that they weren't going to cover the festival enough, but through the grapevine I heard it was because they were advertising their free party/day show too much. I'm thinking of making t-shirts that say "sxsw destroys music" and wearing it around all week. The festival itself is such an awful thing but, damn, I love all the parties. So, yes, I'd like that cake and I'll be eating it too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

chunklet magazine isn't the first to get its press pass revoked this year. i forget what magazine it is..but they do the triple bypass free day show and they got theirs revoked this year also, supposedly for planning a "conflicting event" with sxsw. which is total bullshit. if the people who run sxsw are trying to slim down the amount of people that come every year--they're doing a good job by just pissing a bunch of people off.

-a

9:33 AM  
Blogger St. Murse said...

As I have friends on staff at SXSW who handle press stuff, I went straight to them with the Chunklet rumors. Apparently last year they got a badge and published nothing about SXSW or the bands, just some survey about the civil war (I don't know, didn't read that issue). So this year they were offered a cheaper rate on a badge, but not one for free. There was no revocation, just free publicity from fast-spreading rumors.

2:34 PM  
Blogger St. Murse said...

Now this comment is interesting, because after the clusterfuck of this year, I'd love it if it got slimmed down. The conference (I use the SXSW word because it never has been a "festival") has grown bloated with too many vacationers and music industry people who just want to hang out. I had to explain multiple times to out-of-towners that the reason wristbands aren't sold online is keep out-of-towners from flooding the city.

Slimming down the amount of people would ultimately benefit Austinites because it would go back to the days when you could actually club-hop with a wristband.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home