wisdom teeth says...

Monday, September 13, 2004

The weekend was boring. Nothing doing... Until last night when I got go see the Shins tape their episode of Austin City Limits. I missed their show saturday (sold out) and had resigned myself to not seeing them when my roommate was nice enough to give me and our other roommate tickets to the ACL taping because he (the first roommate) had gotten on the list for the actual show.

So we went down sunday evening to line up and wait. The show is shot on the UT campus and I think that was the first time in several years that I had been there. Weird. Anyway, there were a bunch of delays and we had to sit directly in the line of the setting sun for 1 1/2 hours (we were supposed to only have to wait 20-30 minutes). But we finally got in. I think I may have been the absolute last person in which case I sure am glad that we cut in front of those people when the line started moving (they were taking too long so we by-passed them). I felt kinda bad but not really.

So we get in and find some seats. I end up on the left side of the stage in the front row - maybe ten feet from the band. One of the camera guys was right in front of me (he moved around alot so only blocked my view every once in a while). During the show, after each song was done the cameras would swing around to show the audience and inevitably it would be right in my face. Let's hope the editors are smart and cut that shit out. Then after a brief intro the band came out. They were great. Played all the hits and it sounded great in that room. I like that this is the same band that I saw do a in-store three years ago to 30-40 people. Now they sell out stubb's and play on Austin city limits. Anyway, they were good - they were the Shins and no amount of college kids liking them will make me like them any less. They played and took a brief break and then came back out and re-did songs that they had flubbed on so we got to see them play a couple of songs twice which was kind of interesting. So that's that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home