wisdom teeth says...

Friday, September 10, 2004

Another can't-see-straight kinda day. And since I'm wearing the same clothes as last night I smell of cigarette smoke and beer. Hmm, a great day at the office all around. The evening started off with getting toasted w/A at trudy's. It was nice. We talked bullshit. I made an embarrassing confession. All the usual stuff. Then I dropped her off (cause she's a lightweight, haha) and went downtown.

First stop was Emo's to see Tina's new band. I can't recall their name but they were good. Played really light shoegazer-y stuff and wore matching outfits that Tina made. So I hung out there for a while talking to folks and getting progressively more drunk. Aaron, whose used to be in Those Peabodys, is playing with the Transgressors now and they were headlining there but I was a bad friend and skipped out even though I've never seen them play.

Ok, the next (and final) stop was over to Beerland to see Oh, Beast and Migas. I got there just as Oh, Beast was starting. They're such a good/weird band. I find them to be entirely uncategorizable. At some point while they were playing I decided to rip off the tab of my beer and throw it at them but instead I cut the shit out of my thumb. It doesn't look too bad today but it bled like a bitch last night. As I was walking to the bathroom to get a paper towel for my hand I ran into Tom and Lisa of the Kodiaks to whom I proudly displayed my bloody thumb. Well, so I watched the rest of the band and talked to folks for bit. I ended up leaving during Migas' first song because it then that I realized that I had to drive home and I was tired and I wanted to get home before the last couple of beers kicked in. The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home