wisdom teeth says...

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

What do you know, I can't tell which day is which. Yesterday was a whole week of non-blogging because yesterday was tuesday, dumbass, not monday. And how did I spend my tuesday evening? Sleeping. I took nap when I got off work. Woke up, fixed dinner, watched some tv, and went back to bed. It was nice. I didn't sleep much this weekend.

We're having a no-drummer band practice tonight in order to learn a few new songs. It was supposed to happen last night but I called it off due to excessive sleepiness.

I'm very stressed out these days. I think it has to do with the imminent coming of being 30 years old. I've been having lots of "what do I want to do with the rest of my life?" conversations with myself. You know, the same one I've been having with myself for the past 8 years. I'm planning on trying grad school in the spring. We'll see how that goes. I am not optimistic. I'm trying to take positive steps, though. GRE next week. Thinking about narrow areas of study for a thesis.

Also, getting my own place. I like my roommates. I like the cheapness. I like the company but I feel like it's keeping me from becoming a truly adult me. Like I'm stuck in some adolescent fantasy where a room full of empty beers is a cool thing instead a irritating gross thing that really, really needs to be cleaned up. At least there are no bongs involved.

Aw hell, I dunno. I just feel like I need to grow up a bit. I need to get used to the idea that certain things just aren't going to happen and fucking move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home