wisdom teeth says...

Monday, June 28, 2004

Yeah yeah long weekend. Friday night I went to a party Amanda's company threw. There was free pool, bacon wrapped shrimp (genius idea) and an open bar. Thanks Photodex! Long, long night.

Saturday Joe and I went to James' parents' house for party for a double b-day. Every time I hang out with those folks is gets weirder and weirder because despite having moved to Austin years ago, the maintain much closer ties to our collective hometown of Temple. What this translates into in practical terms is a abundance of small town near-white trash and wanna-be ghetto thugs hanging around. Oh well. I got in a good drunken game of dominoes before it degenerated into a Jerry Springer show.

Sunday I sat around all day. I mean all day. 5 hours of Bravo in a row. Three for Primary Colors then two more for Celebrity Poker which I only watched because Maura Tierney was playing. After the TV marathon Amanda and I went to the Dog & Duck Pub for a couple of beers and pool.

I had plans to go to Beerland to see The Arm play and Keiron dj but before I left I got a call from Kevin saying they (the arm) weren't playing because their bass player's dog's eye popped out and they had to rush him to the vet (understandably). We ended up going to beerland anyway to hear Keiron and watch The Vain (winner of the most inept New York Dolls rip-off band ever - and that's saying something - plus a couple of them had Nikki Sixx hair.) Anyway, all night (especially the more I had to drink) I kept thinking about the dog and it's eyeball. Obviously I want to pup to be ok but I was thinking how it'd be kinda cool to have a dog with an eyepatch. Or if you gave it a glass eye that never shut so even when the dog was sleeping it would have a big open eye staring at you. Then I started wondering if the dog could see out of the popped out eye. As I understand it, the eye was still connected by nerves/blood vessels, etc, so could it see? Was its regular eye looking forward but could it also see the floor? Like I said, I spent too much time thinking about it. So if anyone who reads this knows the outcome of the poor dog's eye, give me an update.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home