wisdom teeth says...

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

I've been good. I didn't go out last night. Dinner + drinks w/Amanda and Joe then home. That's two nights in a row. I should be fine tonight, also. Tuesdays are always boring.

I've been reading some Raymond Carver. He was someone I kind of avoided just because I always associated him w/Bukowski and Miller - people you should not read unless you are a college sophomore. I am liking Carver, though. Eloquent and not nearly and drunk/depressing as I thought he'd be. I finished Fires and am starting What We Talk About When We Talk About Love. Fires had some really good essays on writing and inspiration. The poetry I'm not so big on but, then again, I don't like poetry anyway (once again, the whole college thing + all those beat poet/slam poet people are so awful they make me cringe upon hearing the word poetry.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home