wisdom teeth says...

Monday, June 21, 2004

So last week I was asked would I mind terribly not playing in The Soft Set anymore. I have rather mixed feelings about this. I had almost decided to leave the band anyway after the cd release show but I just hate getting beat to the punch. Oh well, whatever. I need to focus my attention elsewhere anyway.

I went to big parties friday and saturday night. The friday night one was close to my house but actually rather boring. I kept trying to get drunk and have fun but instead was mostly sober and standing around talking about wanting to get drunk and have fun. The one on saturday was considerably better. Those Peabodys played in the steam bath like living room. Beer was flying. Fists were pumping in the air. I love, love, love a good house show. The friday night party was a house show, too, but I wasn't too into any of the bands. The saturday party was pretty out of control. The whole street was filled. There was double-dutch in the dark. It got a little too anarchic for me so I went home around 2:30am with it still going strong.

Joe bought a washing machine for the house on saturday. It was delivered on sunday. I did a load of wash then put it on hangers on the front porch to dry since I can't figure out how to hook up the gas dryer someone gave us.

They were showing Band of Brothers all weekend on the history channel. I love that show. It's quite possibly the best thing ever made for television.

I went to bed last night instead of going out. I feel much better this morning than I usually do on mondays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home