wisdom teeth says...

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

I've noticed people tend to write about their jobs on their blogs fairly often. Well, for those of you who might not be in the know, I work for a particularly unpopular branch of the federal government. My job means next to nothing to me. I do a spectacular job of forgetting about it the moment I walk out the door. They pay me decently and I get health insurance. I get a few months off each year in a weird arrangement but, really, I couldn't give a shit what happens in these four walls. It's all ass-backwards, bureaucratic, paper-shuffling BS.

That's why I finally sent in my application for grad school yesterday. I just can't stand the thought that this will be my life from now on. I've been here 4 1/2 years. Thankfully, I'll probably be able to keep this job while in school but being in school means I can at least see another life for myself somewhere down the line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home