wisdom teeth says...

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Who knew that getting a full night's sleep would make it so hard to be moderately coherent the next morning? I'm just about finished with The Confusion (70 pgs or so left). I'm going to be in major Baroque Cycle withdrawal until September when the next (and last) one comes out. I guess I can start on one of the many, many book that have been piling up while I've been reading the Stephenson stuff. There's Gulag if I feel like something light and airy. Also, I could get to Doomed Bourgeois in Love: Essays on the Films of Whit Stillman which my mother was kind enough to send me (thanks Amazon wishlist!). Really, though, I think Neil Stephenson might just pull me right back in with Cryptonomicon which I never read for some inexplicable reason.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

go dave. you should have read cryptonomicon FIRST. not that it's exactly part of the baroque cycle... but you can definitely see a)from where the idea for the whole shebang came, and b)how all the characters were started.

*sigh*

go read snow crash already.

xochoo

10:26 AM  
Blogger dm said...

yeah, yeah, I know but I picked up Quicksilver on a whim.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home