wisdom teeth says...

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Despite a mean lone star and whiskey hangover, I'm at work on a saturday afternoon getting some overtime in. Lungfish was pretty damn good last night. They're not exactly the most exciting live band ever but they are very focused and intense. Since I've only heard their last few albums in passing, I didn't know any of the songs but that didn't diminish it at all. The Constantines opened up. They were pretty good. I'm too woozy to give a good description.

Before Lungfish played, they opened up the outside stage (which was supposed to have been completely separate) because no one was there. It was gonna be Money Mark and the infamous Dangermouse (grey album, blah blah blah). Well, Money Mark cancelled so there was, no kidding, 100 people there tops - in a place that holds something like 800. So anyway, I went and checked out Dangermouse. DJs aren't the most interesting thing to watch generally but he was totally good. Did a lot of mash-up's and some nice shit in general (me being the big expert on djing). The point being that I liked it.

Later we tried to find an afterparty but it was dead so it ended up just being the people from the show arriving late at some poor guy's house. Drive around. Drive around. Drink wine and watch infomercials at Amanda's w/her and Tom. Go home and sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home