wisdom teeth says...

Friday, September 06, 2002

Good Lord, I need to start saving money for my upcoming (and temporary) unemployment. I can't seem to keep myself from half-price books. I went at lunch after stopping at Thundercloud (which has a tasty new faux-chicken, vegetarian sandwich.) I browse to kill time before I have to head back to the office and its a rare day when I go and don't leave with something. Today the guilty culpret was The Closing of the American Mind by Allan Bloom written in the late '80's about how politcal orthodoxy at American universities has killed the spirit of learning and inquiry. Yesterday it was records. Tomorrow it'll be something else. At least it being half-price books it limits what I'll spend (usually.) Then again, who can argue with empty consumerism as a path to happiness? Not me, I assure you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home