wisdom teeth says...

Tuesday, September 03, 2002

I feel like my brain has been in low gear for a week or two. A couple pistons aren't firing right (to keep with the bad car analogies.) How was your labor day weekend? Mine was predictably low-key. Friday I stayed in and watched "Storytelling." It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and had some good moments. Selma Blair has incredibly small breasts (not that that's a bad thing - just an observation.)

Saturday night was spent at Wain's b-day party. I spent most of the night looking for someone to talk to.

Sunday was spent recording overdubs with the Soft Set. Big thanks go out to Reagan for loaning me the farfisa. That night we went to Le Privelage. Took a cab so we could get toasty. We got toasty. Upstairs is seperate bar that has the best jukebox in town. Give me a few drinks and play some mid-period superchunk and I'm a blathering sap. I spilled no less than three drinks (or partial drinks) on myself.

So last night was the show at Emo's. I was pretty scared about attendence on such a shitty night (monday after a holiday) and for good reason. There were a few folks out, though, and those people get some big thank you's. The performances went ok except for me being attacked by a giant bug during my wisdom teeth set. I'm not sure how much I'm going to be doing these solo shows. I really don't enjoy them very much. Well, hopefully I'll have a band soon. The Soft Set portion of the night was pretty good. We played a (relatively) rocking set. The Hidden Persauders (now known as the Bleeding Hearts apparently) stole to show. I don't know why they aren't huge. I think they are a fantastic band.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home