wisdom teeth says...

Friday, August 23, 2002

I decided to be a rock n' roll party guy last night and went out to see the Ultimate Dragons at beerland and good lord am I paying for it this morning. It was worth it, though. I had quite a good time. You can't beat a band that plays great originals while mixing in Queen (from Flash Gordon!) and Pentagram covers.

I'm inspired to work on my theoretical (or is that hypothetical) space rock band - Empire Star. One day our wonderful King Crimson meets Hawkwind sound will actually exist. These things take time, though. They have to exist in your mind for awhile before hand. You can't just start a band named after a Samuel Delany story out of thin air! Lyrics cribbed from sci-fi classics take time. You know, Hawkwind had Michael Moorcock writing lyrics for them and I happen to know that he lives in Texas now (just outside Bastrop, I believe.) Hmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home