wisdom teeth says...

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Los Angeles is a depressing place. New York is huge and exciting and has an electricity that you can't ignore. LA is mostly just huge with millions of really busy people shuffling around. The only times I've really enjoyed here was when it felt like a small town. I like a couple of the hipster dive bars (even if the bartender warns you about getting rolled on the way to your car). The bookstore down in Long Beach was a pretty big disappointment. It's supposedly the largest used bookstore in California but it was barely larger than the new Half-Price and had way less selection. It had nothing on Strand Books (or probably on Powell's from what I hear).

Maybe I'm just looking for reasons to bitch. I've had a pretty good time out here but, mainly, I just wanna be home. I wouldn't mind as much if we were actually on tour and moving around and playing every night but here it seems like we're just spending most of the time sitting around. Well, at least we're spending the week recording before hitting San Francisco again. Maybe it will feel like we're accomplishing something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home