wisdom teeth says...

Wednesday, October 04, 2006


Last night on PBS I accidentally caught a movie called Stephen Tobolowsky's Birthday Party. It was apparently a big hit at last years SXSW Film Fest. It's a documentary where, basically, they follow Stephen Tobolowsky around all day while he tells stories. He's a charcter actor whose name I wouldn't ever have known but who I recognize from about a million movies and tv shows (Memento, Groundhog Day, the Grifters.) Apparently, he's reknowned in Hollywood for his storytelling at parties. So they followed him around on the day of his birthday party while he grills food, gets the house ready, and then at the party while he's just talking and talking. That's the whole movie. Him telling stories. Some are funny, some are sad, but I totally get why he's known for this. I suspect very few people could pull off 90 minutes of this but he does. It's not out on dvd yet but I recommend you queue it up and wait anxiously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home