wisdom teeth says...

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Hey peoples, all is well in Daveland. Maybe a bit uneventful which would account for my uncharacteristic passion for baseball these past few weeks. Weird. I always hated baseball and counted it as an anachronism. Leftover bullshit from a bygone era. Maybe that's why I like it now. Also, they got rid of most of the steroid induced overkill that has plagued the sport for the past 15 years. And the Astros are in the World Series for the first time ever. Hell, this is this is the first time any Texas team has been there.

I'm leaving Wednesday morning for an extended road trip with a girl I've never met but who by all accounts seems perfectly wonderful. So I'll be in Seattle, then Vegas, then Colorado for the next couple of weeks. I'll return home a road-hardened warrior on Nov 7, the day before I turn 31. (How fucked up is that?) I may or may not do some updating from the road. I have no idea. Everything will be played strictly by ear. I'm excited. Also, I'm flying in a plane which is something I haven't done since 1994 when I flew to Lubbock to visit a really smart girl who I had a crush on. I'm freaking out more about flying than the rest of the trip combined. Eeeek!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to go on a road trip with that girl you've never met. Have lots of fun.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too! She's quite awesome.

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhhh...that was Dan.

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home