wisdom teeth says...

Monday, August 09, 2004

OK this poker losing streak has gone on long enough, thank you. I lost $15 last night and I am not happy about it. Either I need to change my strategy, get more drunk/be more sober when we play or I need to quit. Everyone else seems to be good naturedly laughing off losing their ass (when it happens) but I just get rather mad.

I stayed in mostly on friday night, went to Amanda's to watch 21 Grams which was uber depressing but had Naomi Watts in it who I used to think was very beautiful now I think always kinda looks like someone who has stuffed a bunch of shit in their cheeks to do a chipmunk impersonation.

On saturday Joe and I went to a party at a house we used to live in but has since been sold, remodeled and sold again. I lived there for about six months in 2000 with 6-7 other people. It was a rather tight fit but we had some great times there. I was living cheap as shit which was good because I was poor as shit right then. I had the pleasure of sleeping in the decently sized storage room which had neither heat nor a/c but for which I only paid $100 a month. We had the garage all carpeted up for band practice. We drank and did whippets in the living room (which had someone living/sleeping on each of the couches).

Anyway, we went to party there on saturday night and it was very odd to be back in that house. It was the same, but completely different. As Joe kept saying, "This house cleans up nice," and it did. It looked great. I wish I lived there now. The actual party was kinda lame but I got to drink for free all night and talk to a few friends so I guess it wasn't a total bust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home