wisdom teeth says...

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I know I've been pretty MIA for awhile. Not writing from work makes it harder. Plus, the boredom there tends to inspire more than the non-work time.

I've been reading a bunch lately. Getting back into sci-fi stuff for past six months or so. I love it when you discover a new writer (or writers) and all of a sudden there's this whole back catalog of books that you'll probably like. This time it's been Charles Stross, Bruce Sterling, and Vernor Vinge. None of whom are particularly obscure but I just hadn't read them before. Stross is particularly good because he writes kinda all over the place. He has his serious, singularity sci-fi. He has his really hokey paycheck fantasy stuff. And also a new series of fun, spoof type stories (reminds me alot of Hell-Boy).

We had our first band practice in a month last night. It was very rusty but we needed the time off. Now we're cramming for a show in Denton this weekend. I'm not too worried about it. It'll be more fun if we're all crappy and off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home