wisdom teeth says...

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

In an effort to lose a bit of weight, I have decided to not drink any beer for a week. My friend Anna hasn't had any in two weeks and lost 8 lbs. I know it doesn't sound like much but have you ever tried to go out to a show/bar and not drink beer? I will allow myself a mixed drink or two but no beer. In the past six months I gained almost ten pounds. Not good. So I'll try this and see how it goes then go from there. Last year I went a whole week without drinking anything but for half of it I was in bed with a 102 degree fever so that doesn't really count.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't drink for a week last month when I was on antibiotics, and I was slightly pleased but mostly appalled at how baggy my pants got just in seven short days. Surely I don't drink that much beer? I guess I do.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Perkins said...

Remember last year when you and Joe were so concerned with my ghetto booty disappearing before your eyes? It was quitting drinking beer. Even my personal trainer begs me to at least drink clear hard liquor.

4:59 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

i haven't had beer in a few weeks and have totally lost some of the extra softness around my middle. i hadn't thought of beer though, until just now. i've been drinking nothing but dirty vodka martinis lately, because

A) they need no mixer
B) they are icy cold
and
C) buying a bottle of vodka every other week is something i can totally afford right now and truth be told, martinis are cheap when made at home.

xoxox

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home