wisdom teeth says...

Tuesday, January 10, 2006


My hands smell like chipotle peppers and I love it! I can't believe I never cooked with them before. I'm making a bastard version of pulled pork in my crock pot. No smoking the meat, etc for me. Just crushed tomatoes, onion, garlic, water, chipotles in adobo, a bit of cumin, salt and pepper, and nice chunk of pork loin in a crock pot for, like, 6 hours. This may turn out awful but, really, I don't see what can go wrong.

PS. It turned out awesome! I rule. It was spicy, too!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Perkins said...

I got a crock pot I never use, I need this exact recipe. You just used plain old pork loin? How man cans of the chilis? I love me the adobo too.

10:03 AM  
Blogger dm said...

the great thing about crock pot recipes is that they aren't exact so here it is, kinda.

chop up 1/2 onion, 2 cloves garlic, 2 or 3 chipotles. mix in pot with most of one of those big ass cans of crushed tomatoes (cans are 28oz, I used probably 2/3 or it). add 1/2 cup of water. 2/3 teaspoon of cumin. salt and pepper (liberally). whatever else spices/seasonings strike your fancy. I used I regular old pork loin - one of the big chunks -cost me around $6-$7. make sure to trim the nasty fat/tendon shit off the bottom. drop it all in the crock pot - stir up a bit - turn on high and let it sit for 6 hours. when done pull apart w/ two fork. serve however - I ate it on tortillas and on bread as a sandwich. spoon on a big of the sauce it was baked in. yum!

I think I may be gay, now. thanks.

also, you might substitute some diced tomtaoes for all those crushed ones - my sauce turned out very spaghetti-ish.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharing recipes with my wife?! You son of a bitch! I KILL YOU!!!

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home