wisdom teeth says...

Monday, May 23, 2005

Since I know everyone was dreadfully worried, I'm glad to be able to tell you that "the great kickball injury of 2005" is doing much better. It still hurts a bit but after limping around all weekend I can now walk normally. I'm planning on making a triumphant return to the field this thursday.

In other news I saw the new star wars yesterday. I'm happy to say that it was pretty much exactly what I expected. Pretty good with some cringe-worthy moments but entertaining in the extreme. I was near tears at the end. As I've explained to people who could care less about these movies, there is no rational explanation for being compelled to watch these movies over and over. Joe and I came up with the idea that the closest thing to approximate how it influenced our childhood is what it was like for people in 1964 with the beatles. Just a huge social phenomenon that exerts irrational influence over people of a certain age. All I really have to say is, whatever, I'll go see it again (this time at the digital theatre!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt the same way about it, and actually did tear up a little at the end. I really wish Lucas had hired a screenwriter. Those movies could have been great. I kind of want to see the new one again at the digital theater as well.

Dan

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home