wisdom teeth says...

Monday, March 28, 2005

Sunday = good. I had to wake up early (9am after staying out at a party til 4am) to go to my ex-roommate/ex-bandmate Dave's wedding. First of all it was way the hell out of town - on the other side of Lake Travis. Also, you couldn't drive all the way there - you had to park by the road and they had van/buses to take you to the wedding site (not a chapel but a super cool faux-spanish villa perched on top of a hill over looking the lake).

So we get up there and the preliminary part of the wedding was underway. What was great about this wedding was that it was a glorious meeting of two ways of life - Hindu Indian and White Tra..., er, small town Texas. The wedding was a completely traditional hindu wedding. All the costumes and rituals (some involving coconuts!). It really was beautiful and totally different. We had some excellent curry for lunch and a nice pineapple punch that never quite got me tipsy. I, like the freaking moron I am, forgot my camera so you'll have to use your imagination.

After a brief nap following the wedding, it was BBQ time. I went over to someone's house (?) for my friend Maureen's birthday. I only stayed for a bit but it was nice and there were lots of dogs running around everywhere. After that it was over to Aaron and Stacy's for some real bbq. Good god! Aaron had actually brisket and pulled pork (as opposed to every other bbq which is really just grilling burgers and dogs, not actually a bbq). There was 15 feet of Elgin sausage. Damn! Drinking Tecate and testing out the different sauces. Shit! Awesomeness at its fullest.

Shortly there after I went to Jeff's and lost my money at poker. I went home, read a little bit, then slept for 9 hour glorious hours.

Good morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home