wisdom teeth says...

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I just now finished off Henry Green's book Doting while on break. I came across his name while reading something about K. Amis and just happen to find one his only works that are still in print at the bookstore. I really enjoyed it. It was his last work written in the 1950's sometime. It's all about middle aged husbands and wives and friends and 18 year old daughters of friends, etc. There's hardly any narrative, it's mostly in dialogue which sounds pretentious and arty but actually works rather well. I'd like to get more of his stuff but I'd have to order it online which is something I don't like doing but I suppose I will this time.

Brighton Rock is tomorrow @ 7pm. Who is with me?

ps While finding links for this entry I found this article about green. I've yet to read it but it certainly looks impressive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home