wisdom teeth says...

Friday, February 18, 2005

Yesterday was impossibly long but awesome. I left work as planned and hit the b-side to read and have a drink (it was chosen for its proximity to the drafthouse). Before I even sat down I ran in my old high school friend Kim and her husband who were also killing time before going to the movie. After chatting a bit I found a nice leather chair with a lamp behind it and settled into it with my book and a glass of homebrewed barley wine. Yum. It was a much better way to spend 45 minutes than sitting in traffic.

So Joe met up with me and we went to catch The Third Man at the alamo. I've seen this movie probably three times before this but always on dvd. Let me tell you, this was 1000x better. I always thought of this as a dark movie, you know, all noir, which it is, but it is also a damn funny movie. There were all sorts of things I never caught when sitting at home but sitting in a theater full of people drinking beer it was killing me. Freaking great. They're showing it as a part of British film noir series put on in conjunction with UT. Next week is Brighton Rock, then I forget the next but in three weeks is the awesome Get Carter with Michael Caine. Sweet.

After the movie ended was the flicker film fest that my friend Cory runs. Everyone was there. I went more as a show of support than for my love (or lack of) short films but as it turned out the films were much better than I had anticipated. Several of them had me cracking up. Good shit.

Ok, by the time this was over I had run into yet another old high school friend, Tracey, who now goes by Lynn but whatever. Anyway, she and her boyfriend were going to stay for the Buffy musical tv show sing along. Joe was also going to stay and meet some friends some work so I decided to stick around. This was some fun shit. We'd all been drinking for a while by then (it started at midnight and I hadn't been home after work) so everyone was being as geeky as they could. I'm losing my voice so I must have sounded like Tom Waits but it was great fun all around.

We didn't get outta there until after 2am. I left my home in the morning at 8:30 and got home at 2:30am (7 hours at the alamo). I'm exhausted and woozy-headed today but it was totally worth it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you remember when I stuck my wang through the hole in the popcorn bucket and offered you some? I haven't seen someone eat that much popcorn since I was a boy scout leader.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home