wisdom teeth says...

Thursday, January 20, 2005

I'm tired. Ug. I always forget to turn off my phone before bed so if someone calls early I won't be woken up. I'm going to go sit on my porch and read for the afternoon. Perfect day. It's beautiful.

I started Girl, 20 by Kingsley Amis the other day. I can't remember ever having laughed out loud at a book but last night this one did it with this passage (talking about a girl's breasts), "They struck me as not so much large as tremendously prominent, that and high, yes, and somehow immovable, giving the impression that poking at them with a finger, say, would have no more effect than poking at somebody's knee-caps. That was it: they were like a pair of knee-caps carefully sculpted and re-covered in Grade A skin." Of course I was drunk still when I read that. That might account for the laughing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home