wisdom teeth says...

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

I found this nice site last night - Stillmania! The World Wide U.H.B - while looking around to find hopeful release dates for the remaining two Whit Stillman's films which either aren't in print on DVD or have never been released. They came out with a decent version of Barcelona last year and Last Days of Disco was in print very briefly (and can be bought used for $89 on amazon) but what I really need is Metropolitan. Stillman may be my favorite modern filmmaker. Yes they're stylized and about yuppies and preppies and don't have much in the way of plots but I still love the way I love few films. So tell me, why, oh why, can I not get them (save Barcelona) on DVD? And how about the fact that he hasn't made a movie in six years? The latest news is that he's working on an adaptation of an unfinished Jane Austen manuscript for the screen. Before that last I heard was he was working on a film of Red azalea which is set in China during Mao's Cultural Revolution but I guess that was abandoned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home