wisdom teeth says...

Monday, April 05, 2004

After work on sat I made it to the movie event of the spring (that's not saying much, admittedly) and saw Hellboy. It was better than I thought it was going to be - I try to have low expectations for these kind of things. Sure it was cheesy, it's a comic book movie - not only that, it's a dark horse comic book movie. But it was fun and funny and exciting and full of Lovecraftian monsters/gods with the most tentacles you'll see this side of one of the really creepy Japanese cartoons. But really, how could you go wrong with a demon baby raised by humans into a wisecracking do-gooder who fights Nazis and Rasputin (who by the way looks a lot like Joey Pants in the Matrix except with a full beard). Good shit.

That night I went to a party at Courtney and Matt's and that would've been fine except that I took some xanax before I left the house and I was completely out of it by the time I got there. I think I stumbled around the party for about an hour before I decided that perhaps it would be best if I just went home. I fell into bed, put on The Golden Band by American Analog Set and was off to sweet dream land in moments.

An almost perfect Sunday - breakfast at Curra's (where Amanda had chorizo for the first time!), laid back band practice, new episode of The Sopranos and a late trip to Waterloo Records' 20% off sale to get Holly Golighty and KO & the Knockouts CDs. As a bonus, while driving to and from waterloo in the nice spring rain, I got to listen to Little Steven's Underground Garage radio show, the best nationally syndicated radio show. How often do you get to hear all sorts of Nuggets type rock on commercial radio with long rants about Joe Meek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home