wisdom teeth says...

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Holly's friend did aerobics as the band played last night at the carousel. I'm not really sure what I think about this, but I think its kinda cool. Also, the bartender lady scared Holly and I when going around gathering tips for the band. We had each already put in $1 but then either she forgot that we had just put money or just felt like being extra creepy/guilt inducing. All I have to say is that I think I spent more money on tips last night ($3-4 for the bar, $2 band) than I actually did on drinks so she should lay off. I know what its like to play a show and not get paid shit - its called tuesday night!

Yesterday I re-bought the Psychadelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators. As my first copy was stolen out of my car, this doesn't count towards my buy the same albums three times limit. Joe and I have developed a rule/system by which if you have bought the same album three times and sold it twice, you are not allowed to sell it again. So far the only record that has met the criteria for me is the Afghan Whigs' Gentleman which is without a doubt one of the best records every made. But my point is that since the first copy of 13th Floor Elevators was stolen, this new one doesn't count towards my buy limit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home