wisdom teeth says...

Saturday, October 19, 2002

Crazy saturday night has rolled around. I think I may head down to emo's this evening despite the fact that it'll be packed to the gills with chumps for the outside show. Inside, however, has Isis and Dalek. I'd like to ride my bike down but I don't think it's cool enough yet for me to survive the ride home (uphill all the way just so you know).

Went to see PT Anderson's Punch-Drunk Love today. I'm not sure yet what I think about it. As I walked out of the theater I commented that I didn't enjoy the movie but that I thought it was good. I think that it just kept me a little too wound up the whole time I was watching it. Emily Watson, the female lead, was angelic, though. I saw her a few weeks ago in Red Dragon she has just been blowing me away. She's up there with Samantha Morton for me now.

Hmmm, what else? I got some books at half-price this afternoon. I have a bunch I'm going to go and sell there on monday when the wait won't be so long. Thursday I made what will probably be my final trip to my parents' house to get my old junk outta there. This final batch was stuff that has been there since I moved out the first time while in college. Its been in boxes in the closet of my old bedroom. I'm such a pack rat. There are books in there that I checked out of the Temple Public Library in 1985. I had some papers, etc that I wrote in high school. Senior prom pictures! A huge stack of letters from my girlfriend of my last year of high school and first year of college (when I made the first big move to Austin to attend UT - it lasted all of 10 months). I need to trash all this shit but I can't seem to part with it - I mean who really needs to be reminded what they were like at 18? Perhaps, I do, though - these days its all I can do to just get out of bed in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home