wisdom teeth says...

Monday, May 08, 2006

The show in San Antonio went great. The club was very cool and was run by some nice folks. If ever in SA go to the Limelight. I had a hell of a time getting home, though. I left the club to go visit a friend who was in town and ended up leaving around 3:30-4:00 am. The drive home was going fine - I was starting to get tired. Then in San Marcos (normally about 20mins from Austin) apparently a monsoon hit. I couldn't see anything. I was driving 20mph on the interstate trying to get home. By this time I was dead tired and freaking out because of the storm. I pulled over in a closed, empty gas station for a minute but right after I got there someone pulled up right next to me in an empty parking lot at 4:30 in the morning. As soon as they started to open their doors I took off. This all seems like a dream now I was so out of it. To stay awake the last bit of the trip I took to singing songs to myself as I am now without a car radio after the latest break in (thank you to all the New Orleans crackheads who now call our city home.) I eventually made it home and passed out right away. Everything seems so fuzzy now when I try to remember it. So that is the story of my hellish drive home from San Antonio.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wed May 10 @ the Parish
Essex Green w/ Brothers and Sisters, Belaire
doors 8pm
show 9pm
we play at 10, I think.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Perkins said...

Am I ever going to see you again. Seems like it has been forever and a day. Glad the creepy people at the gas station didn't get you.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home